Saturday, April 24, 2010

Brumos Porsche Swap Meet


DSC_0354, originally uploaded by Murph32256.


Brumos Porsche - a name long associated with Porsche racing cars and winning at long endurance races across the United States. Today at their Jacksonville, FL dealership they held a swap meet for local Porsche enthusiasts - over 400 strong according to one PCA member across the 5 nearby counties. Being a BMW guy - I dropped in just to snap pictures before they took off on a cruise out toward the beaches and on to Ponte Vedra.

I arrived late but managed to snap off a few pictures of some rare cars - namely:

- 1986 Porsche 959 modified by Canepa Design to produce about 600HP
- 1964 Porsche 356C
- Heavily modified Porsche 930 Turbo
- 550 Spyder
- Nearly new 1978 Porsche 924(for only $12.8k!)
- 944
- A handful of 911's and Boxsters from different years and of different specification
- Brumos-Copenhagen Porsche 962 - I think late 1980's
- Brumos Porsche Grand AM Prototype

I've included the set here on Flickr and a few shots here but feel free to check them out. Seems I need to buy a 911 - strangely I didn't see many if any Caymans today.

No comments:

Post a Comment