Sunday, May 30, 2010

BMW M School Photos - Finally Uploaded!


DSC_0092_2, originally uploaded by Murph32256.

Late last June I was lucky enough to attend the One Day BMW M Driving School at the BMW Performance Driving Center in Spartanburg, South Carolina. I went as one of a two-man team for BMW Blog and got the opportunity to play around with the full range of M cars available at the time. After some morning instruction on car control our class was broken into three teams with a team for each type of M car - M3, M5 and M6.

Most of the day we worked on seating position and eyes up exercises and one of the most difficult-to-comprehend-but-it-truly-works concepts of sufficient braking to give you speed through and out of the corner. I was pleased that by the end of the day I managed to win the fastest lap time in my team for the M3 circuit and still managed a fourth overall ( 1/10th of a second off of third place!). It was an awesome experience - I know we're hoping to do the 2 day course in Virginia later in the year - apparently you're given a helmet and are taking M5's up to about 150MPH on the VIR. I think I could be down for that.

However, after nearly a year, I've finally put my full roster of photos online from the driving event plus a few photos I took the evening before of the display cars in front of the facility. The photos were primarily shot by a Nikon D40( a point and shoot was used for the video and a few other pics) with an 18-55mm VR lens. These are my best shots ever but they came out well as this was only my second outing with the D40.

You can read the full story of my experience over Flickr and worth giving a looksie at. Definitely something any car fan needs to attend.


You can read my full account of what we did while at M School over here on BMW Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment