Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Automotive Addicts Meet


DSC_0663, originally uploaded by Murph32256.

I've not had much time to really work with it but one of my goals this year is to get better at turning around videos with my new Nikon D5000. I'm hoping it will bridge the gap until:

1. Nikon releases a 1080p HD DSLR
2. I put together enough cash and pick up a Canon 5D Mk II and a few handy lenses

However, over the weekend Automotive Addicts held their monthly meeting here in Jacksonville. Thankfully, it's right near my place so I rolled out of bed, into some shorts and flip flops and up to the meeting. There was a great turn out and had a huge variety of cars - Triumph TR-3's, S2000's, M3's, a GT-R, ZR1, Z06, a handful of Porsches spanning 40+ years, and a few NSX's and a 2011 Mustang 5.0. Feel free to check out the gallery I threw together on Flickr.

Also, check out the video below - I compiled it in the very basic iMovie - suggestions are welcome on composition and tips for shooting video. Next on the shopping list are also car mounts and possibly a remote. The video is worth a look just for a drifting 325iS, Nissan GT-R vs a '99 323i and some Pontiac G8 action.

No comments:

Post a Comment